Friday, March 14, 2014

Being a Good Sport

Sport Preference Illustrated

Touch Down

You could fill a stadium with what I don't know about sports. 

When I was younger, the sounds of a football game in my house was not uncommon on a weekend or during a holiday dinner, but to me it was more like white noise.  No one in my house ever screamed, jumped out of their seats, spilled snacks on the floor or went berserk after a touchdown.  Sometimes it still shocks me when I see people do that - actually, it kind of freaks me out. 

What little I did learn about football or hockey was forgotten almost as fast as I learned it.  I'm a girly-girl, and when I look at football players, all I see is big shoulders, tight asses and cups. 

I've been to a couple of pro football and hockey games.  I was either on a date, watching the crowd or checking out the players - sometimes all three at once. 

The Aha Moment - Part 2
My personal form of sports are horseback riding, dirt bikes and snowmobiling.  Huh, I just had an epiphany.  If you think about it, I'm really into sit and squat sports, aren't I?

The March Madness Email

Anyway - that was not the point of this post.  I was just looking through my emails (as I so often don't do) and I re-read this exchange I had with someone over a couple of days.  It made me giggle, so I thought I'd share:

He:  "... March Madness brackets are coming out this Sunday hard to believe."

Me:  "I have no idea what that means LOL."

He:  "LOL.  It's college basketball ... Google it.  It's a sporting event."

Me:  "Why Google when I can ask you.  Yeah, me and sports don't mix.  I'm more of a cheerleader-behind-the-bleachers kinda' girl."

The Aha Moment - Part 1
That was my first revelation of the day 1) I'm a bad girl and I know it and freely admit it; and 2) the epiphany I had while writing this post.  I'm really into sit and squat sports.  While I'm sure that's no surprise to you, I'm actually shocked at the realization ... the irony.

It's nice to share - why don't you share your opinion - or sports stories with me ... Call me!  Ciao for now.

xxo Ashley



No comments:

Post a Comment