Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Night at the Movies

It's almost Halloween, one of my favorite holidays - and some of my favorite things that go along with my favorite holidays are all the B-rated horror/thriller movies available on television.

How about a classic 1988 B-rated detective thriller/murder mystery movie complete with rotary phones, clowns, cliché detectives, photographers and, of course, a phone sex operation run by one of my favorite thriller/chiller freak actresses, Karen Black. 

B-movies have it all - the scary factor, the cheap theatrics, the over-mimicking of characters - they're just a good time.  "Out of the Dark," was a movie I watched yesterday that made me both laugh and "tsk," but the it was very entertaining.

"Out of the Dark," had all the components required of a B-rated creeper - sexy chicks with no shirts on, sexy lingerie, killer clowns, over-zealous detectives and this one had a mother who runs a phone sex operation who employs various operators, including her own daughter (must be a family business), and not to give away too much, but the clown-killer is someone you'd never expect. 

Clowns can give some people the creeps - hence putting them in so many creepy movies - like another B-rated movie I loved, "Killer Clowns from Outer Space," but I must admit the thought of getting fondled by a guy in mystery mask is somewhat hot, especially when the voice is deep, scratchy and bordering on horny, nasty, mysterious an unpredictable.  (Tee hee.)   

A lot in this world has obviously changed since 1988 - that was apparent in this movie (rotary phone?) - but phone sex will always be hot.  And while plenty of movies have been made about phone sex (that I also don't feel depict it correctly) or have phone sex scenes in them, "Out of the Dark"  gets my vote for a fun Halloween must-see, that is if you like heels, stockings, bare breasts and a few almost-sex scenes.  Of course you have to like B-rated movies ... with some juicy parts - and we do love our juicy parts, don't we boys?

For me, the campier the better.

In honor of Halloween AND Phone Sex - I'm resurrecting an old Halloween short story I wrote a couple of years ago.  My writing has improved over the years, but I still got pretty good reviews from this one and perhaps you need something fun to read on your computer, so you can keep your hands in your pants :)  
 
(Perhaps I'll have time today to dream up another Halloween thriller - or even better, you can call me and "inspire" me - hmmmm.)
 
Halloween Short Story - A Cheap Thriller


No comments:

Post a Comment