Friday, June 27, 2014

About Last Night ...

A Failure to Launch

No, it's not like you're thinking - the failure to launch doesn't refer to a date I had last night - although that kind of does explain where I was.

My birthday is coming up in a few days and being that my friends are scattered all over the place with obligations and schedules of their own, I've been trying to fit in the few people who asked to spend my birthday with me.  Last night it was my girlfriends.

Out of a group of five of us, three were in town - so the Three Musketeers went out and had a little fun.  Honestly, it was just supposed to be an "early dinner."  Both of these girls are married - it was a weekday, and so when I added it all up in my head, I figured and "early dinner" also meant an "early night."

Well, that was another lesson in why we should never ASS-U-ME. 

I guess the fun part of life is allowing for a few surprises once in a while.  My girls surprised me with dinner at a place I'd never been before, which also happened to be a bar - one that served really good martinis.

Needless to say, we had a lot of fun and it was a much longer night than I anticipated.  Sometimes you have the most fun when it's least expected.

However, this morning was no picnic.  I woke up late, and that meant my day started off in a panic.

I had to use my brain, but the one I was working with had been turned to a throbbing mush - my first hangover in a long time. 

It's now 2pm and although I've gotten through most of my assignments for the day, I'm scheduled to sign onto NF at 3pm - that is after I get my ass to the store for some aspirin. 

What I'm trying to say is that I'm sorry I wasn't able to be around last night, and ... I may be a little later than expected today.  I plan on ripping off my clothes and jumping back into bed after I take those aspirin.  Meaning, it's probably going to be prime time to catch me in bed - naked and basically helpless.  So, if you'd like to take advantage of my weakened state, this afternoon would be the time.

I was thinking of playing hooky again and going to the pool - it turned out to be such a nice day, but being that I lost my sunglasses last night (heaven knows where) - I doubt I'll be happy in the blazing Sun.  No, I think a cool, dark bedroom is more my cup of tea for the day.

It' a nice roomy bed, with a good hard mattress - great for sleeping - even better for a little fun!  Hope you'll join me.

I'm never too tired (or hungover) to get naughty.  In fact, it's my birthday - and you'll probably want to give me exactly what I'm asking for ... a really good schtooping to knock this hangover into oblivion. 

See you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment