Monday, January 6, 2014

Brrrrrr, Baby it's Cold Outside

AK MIA LOL WTH?
All right, so I needed a week off ... and it did me a lot of good - a week away from anything is enough to reset the brain, get your stuff in order, if you feel up to it, and then take time to enjoy the moment.  I did all that, and then I signed on Saturday morning.

As you know by now, unless you're new to Ashley's Spot (Hello!), I love being told what to do (in a nice, classy and sometimes clever way) in the bedroom ~ in "other life," as I've confessed before, I'm pretty much a free spirit and no one has tried to tell me what to do since I was about 18 (like I would listen). 

I think most people - well, the majority of people I've known - are like that, opposite in the bedroom as they are in life.  That is to say, some mean boss is probably somebody's bitch after work and a martini, getting his ass whipped or his wallet taken - and girls like me who are completely sassy, independent and a little brash at times, typically can't wait to get home and confess all they've done wrong to someone who, much to his chagrin, will have to punish their indiscretions - no doubt putting them over his knee and ... baring my bottom for a few swats and then .... oh, sorry, I was getting sidetracked. 

Anyway ...
Two things comes to mind when I think about Saturday - 1) Absence really does make the cock grow harder and 2) being a PSO is a lot like being a pro ball player (oh, ever pun intended).

So number one was a nice surprise - lots of calls from people who've missed me - I was gushing at the attention and I actually think I blushed once or twice.  Minus the announcers, interviewers and paparazzi, I felt like I was having my very own "red carpet" moment; it totally rocked ... for seven straight hours, with barely time to catch  my breath in between - hence the latter, number two. 

Although I was entirely grateful for the tons of fun and interesting calls, I was like a rookie - after ONE WEEK.  (Well, okay, to ya'll I know it seemed longer, but let's not get into December - it's so last year.)

I found myself losing my voice, my lips were sore (again, pun intended) and I had gone through the entire contents of my toy box.  It was like an Ashley-a-Thon that was never planned.  Although when it comes to the phone if you're on the receiving end you really can't plan it, can you? 

Needless to say, I called it an early night Saturday.  It wasn't just my toys and my out-of-pro-shape body that took a pummeling (pun again), it was my brain - it kind of hurt.  After my last call, it was obvious that could no longer come up with so much as a sexy verb, adjective or noun if you paid me.  (Not intended to be a pun, but, yeah it kind of is, isn't it?) 

So I wake up on Sunday feeling great - rested, relax and ready to get back in the swing.  I'm ready for coffee and ready to take on the world.  Ambition comes to me in waves, and Sunday morning I was ready to hit the surf.  (Beach analogies keep me warm - it's almost below zero outside, let me fantasize.)

Well short story long - after two disconnects and a total change in mood (from glad to annoyed), I had to sign off.  Madge was up to her no-good tricks again, sassy little bitch, and since it was Sunday morning, I figured that the IT squad was not at the wheel so I decided to give it up.  (Not a pun, that was more like an oxymoron.) 

I didn't want to annoy myself or my phone friends.  Frustration for you guys is a little more time-sensitive than a it is for us girls.  Far be it from me to cause anyone blue balls. 

So it's Monday, and I played a real writer in the real world today. It's so much fun to be so many characters and never have to leave my stage.  Tonight I'm playing editor to a manuscript.  I said I'd take the work because - hey, it's work and it's publishing-related and there's always something to learn and things to do that will teach me while also paying me.  Tonight I'm learning that I really don't like editing.  Hence, the blog break.  I'm not good at it, but I've committed myself to the job and I'm a girl of my word. 

Tomorrow night I should be done with the edit and since it will be sub-beyond-zero outside, I guess I'll be on NF again ... Wednesday early and then late is looking pretty good as well.  I like to attempt a schedule anyway ... if you know me you are all too familiar with my schedule - as in I don't have one.  If a job comes up or if Madge is acting up or if someone spanks me too hard and makes me cry, I might not be around, but I'll always try.

Talk to you tomorrow (Tuesday) hopefully ... Ciao for now.

xxo Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment