Thursday, August 21, 2014

Stress-Induced Sleep


The Best Night's Sleep You'll Ever Have

Upon waking up this morning I received an "Ugggg" email - that's what he said, not what I said.  The "Ugggg" was an expression of frustration at me not being on this morning at 8 o'clock as my schedule promised.   I had to apologize, but told him it was sheer exhaustion that kept me in bed.

As a matter of fact it was that same exhaustion that made me sign on and quickly sign off last night.  And really my day started out so well - in fact, the week itself was going so well.

I checked my email several times last night, and since no one seemed to be missing me, I thought I'd go to bed and catch up on some sleep.  What I didn't count on was being so wired that I couldn't sleep.  I tossed and turned for hours until I wanted to pull my hair out.  And yes, I think having my hair pulled (not too roughly) is hot, but tugging on your own hair ... kinda' different sensation.

I finally relented (albeit a little late) to take a "PM" pill and it worked it's magic quickly.  But since it was so late, all I could do this morning was open my eyes at the time I'd usually wake up just to close them again for "five minutes" and finding out that five minutes was actually and hour and a half later.  Wow - how did that happen?

Well, what is it that they say, "You can never go back"?  So I guess I can't go back and re-do Wednesday night or wake up earlier this morning ... but I can move forward.  (Truthfully, we all know I move forward, backwards and sometimes side-to-side, tee-hee.)

So stop by and visit me tonight.  I will be here.  :) Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment