Friday, August 1, 2014

Dating Naked?

What's Next?  NF TV?

So, I've heard from a few of you lately (thanks for the emails).  Unfortunately, a lot of them were complaints.  What!?

No, I didn't get complaints about my phone sex or even my hours this time - this time it was complaints about my non-blogging of late.  It's true, I admit it.  (Well, no need to admit shit, since the blog would tell you anyway ... anyway.)

I've been in a writing frenzy actually, seems work has picked up in the freelance realm (fingers, toes and legs crossed). 

Today was certainly busy with various articles, some monthly billing and a conversation with an editor who actually gave me a compliment on my work.  By the time I stopped working (just a few minutes ago) I realized I was late signing on to NF (no shocker there).  It hardly matters though.  I'm not even sure why I booked myself to be on - Friday nights are always slow.  But I'll be signed off in time to go play with my friends.  All this working from home has me desperate for a drink and some face-to-face conversation.  Who knows, I might even get tempted to reach out and touch someone.

[I just realized that my desk chair has somehow lowered itself to its lowest point - maybe someone was playing with it.  I've been sitting at my desk all day wondering why I was so uncomfortable and why my neck was starting to hurt - duh.  There that's better.]

Anyway after I quite work (and then signed on to NF), I turned on the TV so I could veg on the couch for a few minutes and catch my breath.  (Here's the part about dating naked ....)

So VH1 has this show, "Naked Dating" or maybe it was "Dating Naked" - I'm more interested in the concept of the show than the name. 

When I first caught a glimpse of another reality show, "Naked and Afraid," where people venture out into the Amazon jungle naked - well, I really thought that reality TV had finally become desperate for ideas.  I mean - ewww - who would go into a jungle naked?!  Bugs and snakes and reptiles around my nakedness, no thank you.   Red ants?!  Could you just imagine.

"Dating Naked," (or whatever it's called) though was more of a realistic concept - as far as being naked on television goes.  I mean people who date usually get naked at some point, if its going well.  At least I find that a far more viable storyline than being naked in the Amazon.  And yes, people get naked when they're dating, they just don't usually do it before the date - that's where this show had me. 

Can you imagine naked zip lining - in tandem?  Well it happened on this show.  Not only that, but the couple on the date were from my area - the guy was from NJ (bulky good looking guy who left his brains and manners at the gym in Jersey) and a girl from Queens, NY (a place I also know a lot about) who was a total trash-mouth who also had a BA as I call it - a bad attitude.  Needless to say, they didn't hit it off.  But ... the girl was in the front of the zip line and as they came up on the platform, no one bothered to apply the brakes and the girl's face got smashed on a pole.  She had a huge, huge, huge black eye - which (I probably don't have to tell you) made her attitude much, much, much worse.

I think the funniest part though was at the end of the show when they all see if they want to pair off and try to actually date in real life and out of Mr. Hotty from NJ, another Mr. Hotty from Illinois (you know me and Midwest boys), the cute blonde that everyone wanted picked the scrawny geek guy from Los Angeles.  She picked brains over body - on a naked show!  Granted, if there was a body part that won her over, they had it blurred out, so I may be wrong, but I think I'm right.  She even said that it was his taking her aside and telling her that the other two would break her heart, but he never would - aaawwwwww.  

It just goes to show you that my theory holds true:  The brain is the sexiest part of the body.  If you have imagination, smarts, a sense of humor and wit - whatever ... you have a better chance of getting the girl (this girl and the blonde girl on VH1) than some bulked up muscle head with tattoos.  Just thought you'd like to know that.

Well NF was, as I suspected, slow.  So that means more time for me to figure out what I'm wearing.  Probably a shimmery shirt in case I get too happy and spill a martini on myself.  Can't wait to have one (a martini I mean, not a spill).  I don't drink a lot or often, but I have been known to cry over spilled vodka. 

Check out my schedule page to see when you can come and play with me.  :)  Ciao for now.

xxo Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment