Thursday, October 23, 2014

All About Ashley - Days, Nights and the Schedule

The Days, the Nights and the Dreaded Word: "Schedule"

When I first started on NF, I was a 9-to-5 girl, gainfully employed with a car payment and far too many bills and obligations for one girl to handle.  Since then, after becoming gainfully unemployed, I really fell into the NF world (as well as many other avenues) trying to find what I liked to do, that allowed me to do it when I felt like it.  Come on, who wouldn't want that?

The reality of it all is that doing what you want when you want can feel liberating, but there's still that sticky-wicket - you have to be an adult to meet your adult obligations (not to mention wanting to splurge occasionally on "nice things" like hair and clothes and ... well, you know ... toys).

News of My Demise - So Over the Top

Let me preface what I'm about to say with, I'm not leaving NF.  I've met a lot of good people, made some great friends and just had fun all the way around.  Not every moment was fun, but that's the same with any endeavor.  For the most part, I feel at home here.

The Executive Decision

The big news is I've decided that this isn't cutting it for me, and in order to do that grown-up thing, I've had to look to other more viable ways of following my dreams and becoming my own person while still using my time wisely.

I've picked the best mornings, evenings and days out of my NF past and decided to fit it into my schedule accordingly, while still leaving time for some time for things like sleep and getting out into the sunshine for some Vitamin D.  This is going to be a trial - we'll see if it works.  Typically I find having a schedule helpful, but it doesn't really apply to the NF world.  It's up, it's down - for a lot of reasons and I'd be a mathematical genius if I spent the time to figure out all the variables, but I've perused the stats and I've chosen some days and times that work with both NF and my life.

We're going to try this:

Now that's not to say that I won't be here more often than that.  I've left some wiggle room in my schedule.  And - I anticipate having some afternoons that I can throw in as well.

This is how it's going to be for a couple of weeks.  Things like holidays and football season and all that means that for you (and sometimes for me) I'll have to keep it pretty flexible.

But I wanted you to know that I haven't disappeared - I'm still here.  And I hope that you find some time that fits us both (nice and snug).


No comments:

Post a Comment