Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Times They Are uhhh ... Changing

A Change in Schedule or a Publishing Snafu?
Okay, I know, the schedule's been posted all of 6 or 8 hours and already there's a change.  You know this schedule thing was not really my idea, but a suggestion (given to me by more than many of you) but I get it - it's to help me have some sort of semblance in my life.  Trouble is I already have another job that does require a schedule and to be honest with you, I'm feeling a little hemmed in.

I've told you guys - I'm practically like one of you (nothing to do with what's in the pants/panties) but commitment to a schedule kind of makes me feel like I'm wearing a ring that inextricably ties me to someone.  I get all jittery and sweaty just thinking about it.  Sure, I'm a "normal" girl and maybe commitment will be more "my thing," but at the moment, not so much.

Tuesday is probably the one day this week that there's no football on - oh wait, football is on every night isn't it?  I can take it or leave it, but Tuesday (of late) is Sons of Anarchy night.  It's a great show about a biker club that watches over it's little hamlet of Charming, California.

I've dated a biker before (not for very long though since I'm truthfully more of the martini and backseat of a Towne Car kinda girl) but it was fun.  But that's not what is so exciting about this show.  And if you've ever seen this show or you're looking it up now, I know you're going to say it's the main character, Jax.  Well, he is beyond hot, anyone can admit that.  The sixty-year old woman at the supermarket checkout was talking about him the other day like she would do him if he ever dared to walk through the door of her store.  I don't want to "out" the chain, so Jax, if you're ever in SC, just get someone else to buy your beer and soda, that lady is old enough to be your grandma.

And while typically I go for darker-haired, older guys, his blond locks are actually something to shake a leg at, and a tail and a boob or too.  OMG.  Oh, sorry, I lost track of my thought process there for a moment.

It's actually the writing, the storyline, the plot, the OMG moments that totally blow everyone out of the water that I like.  And, unfortunately, it's the last season.  Sure, there's DVD, but it's just not the same.  With a DVD there's no one to call or text while the show is on ... no shared moments of shock and awe (as there are many in this show, especially since it's the last season).

Well, Jax may not be the only reason I won't be here tonight, but I think my schedule is pretty damn full as it is, so I'm hoping it accommodates ya'll. 

Hope to talk soon ... ciao for now.
xxo Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment