Tuesday, May 13, 2014

"I Need a Man"

Up Close

Being Single - It's Everything it's Cracked up to be ... Sometimes

I have very little patience for those girls who say, "I need a man," but I have to admit that as a single girl there are those times when I find myself thinking the same thing - although I would never say it aloud.

Truth is, I suck at relationships - there, I've said it.  Been there, done that - I suck.  I'm good at the kind of relationships that don't involve commitment - I rock at those.  (And when it comes to sucking, I don't do too bad either, if I do say so myself.)

Time - The Precious Commodity

Today has been and continues to be a real sit-around-and-wait kind of day, aka the hurry-up-and-wait kind of day.  At 8 AM this morning, I was standing in the lobby of an auto repair place where I spent two and a half hours waiting to get brake pads changed and rotors cut.  Sure, there was TV and coffee and loads of magazines to keep me occupied, but I had a long to-do list sitting in my bag.  Every once in a while I could hear it say, "Ashley, don't forget about me ... we've got a lot to do today."

I started thinking that if I had a boyfriend who either knew how to fix cars or was able to take me around town to finish all of my errands while he paid someone else to fix my car, I wouldn't be wasting time sharing a sitting room with strange people who keep gawking at me.  I'd be getting all of my stuff done (and probably paid for) - sounds silly, maybe even selfish, but that's basically a statement of fact.

Sometimes I look at those cute old guys pushing shopping carts, holding purses and opening car doors and I think, awww, how nice that must be for her and him as well - for both of them.

Lobbying Around


I was getting antsy as I watched people come in for repairs - they all came in after me and they all left before me.  I was sure that they were tinkering with my wheels trying to extract more money out of my under-employed, 'she doesn't know any better,' brake-needing ass.  If I had longer nails, I would have bit them all off.

I'll let you in on a little "girl secret."  As the fairer sex, there are two places that we believe that a man is most likely to take advantage of a single woman.  One is the bedroom, the other is the auto repair shop.  Those are the two places we fear the most.  Both usually have favorable outcomes, but it's the not-knowing factor that gets us every time.  And certainly the most uncertain thing about it (or them) is the cost.

To get you in the bedroom, for instance, a guy might talk about relationship-related stuff (usually when a girl lets it be known that she "needs a man") (gosh that drives me nuts when girls do that).  A guy can smell that desperation and so to get what he wants, he'll get a girl's hopes up that he may be "the one."

In the auto repair shop he's the grease-covered know-it-all holding your car hostage who doesn't fully get his jollies off until he tells you just how many things are wrong with your car, how you really need to fix them and then ... wait for it ... the real cost of tea in China.

In my point of view - in Ashley's view of the world, there are only two times a guy will smile his widest - when you've got his cock in your mouth or his when he's leering at you over the cash register counter saying, "Well maybe there's a way we can work this out (wink)."  Oh brother.

I may like a little rough-play and maybe even being tied up once in a while, but if you plan on holding my car and my wallet hostage, you better watch out.  I don't need a man, mechanic or otherwise.

That's why I work my ass off (literally) to pay for the stuff I need and that's why, although begrudgingly, I reach down deep to find the patience to sit in those skanky waiting rooms.  I proudly pay for my services and then I walk out the door, knowing that Mr. Mechanic Man wishes that I had been just a little more desperate.  Nah-ah Mr. Mechanic Man.  When I get a lube job, it's because it's what I want when I want it - trust me.

So have no fear guys, despite the deception in the title of this blog, there's no deception going on with me.  I'm single, I love it and I like not having a man (except when I'm horny, of course).  Sure it may cost more, in time and money, but being able to pull my panties up as quickly and willingly as I took them off is priceless to me - mostly because it's what I want - it's who I am.  Thank heaven for that.

Of course, if anyone would like to make a donation towards Ashley getting her "struts" done - I'm open to receiving - that is one costly procedure.  In the meantime, I'll be on NF tonight (Tuesday) - someone's gotta' pay for that brake job.

For now, I have to go get ready to hurry up and wait some more - on the line at the store and in the chair while getting my hair trimmed (no fears boys, the hair will remain long and it will be stronger for the grabbing).

As for tonight - it would be nice if I didn't have to sit around and wait for the phone to ring - so make sure you call me - I have a lot of pent up energy to expel - too much sitting around and waiting.   And keeping in mind the two reasons why guys smile their widest - I'd love to make you smile :).

No comments:

Post a Comment