Saturday, September 12, 2015

Making Connections

NF Connections
Well, it's been quite a Saturday.  I was on earlier and made a few new friends, which is always nice.  I already have some good friends on NF and I enjoy the connections, so it's always nice to deepen those friendships as well as welcome in some new ones.

Internet Connections
So after a while, I decided to take a break and among other things, tackle a couple of projects I'd been putting off.  One was replacing my internet modem to speed up my connection.  It's not quite Mercury retrograde yet, but it's a little more than a week away, and I know that once it starts, messing with electronics of any kind is not a great idea.  There's bound to be problems, not that I mind trouble occasionally, but these kind of problems just take up time and time is precious, right?  I decided to bite the bullet (but not too hard) and dive in.  I won't get into the boring details, but of course there was a problem and I had to call the internet provider.  Well, since you're reading this, you can see by the evidence that I'm clearly up and running (faster supposedly) so ... one more connection secured today!  I'm not doing too bad.  Of course it did take a long time, since I'm a little stubborn and was convinced that I could follow directions and do it myself, I'm a here a little later than I expected, but I did say I'd be back and I am.

Close Connections
Of course, the other thing that put a crimp in my day (in a good way) was of a more up-close and personal nature.  Right about the time I finished my internet connection and cleaned up the box and cable mess, I heard, "Bang, Bang, Bang."  And then I heard it again.  Curiosity getting the better of me, I opened the door and was greeted with the shrieking sound of an electric saw.  There were guys working on the wooden stairway on the first floor, but since I live right by the stairs the sound just rose up three floors to greet me right where I live.  It would have been impossible to get back on NF, so I decided to go down and ask the guys how long they'd be working.  I also wanted to know what happened to the stairs.  I'm thinking maybe I should get a long rope in case I ever have to shimmy down it to leave my crib in the sky.  If the stairs aren't safe and there's no elevator ... a rope will be about my only hope, unless I grow wings. 

So who was working the saw?  That super-tall, super-handsome maintenance man that I have a serious crush on.  He's a handsome, simple country boy, about my age, about 7 feet tall - no kidding.  The first time I met him, my smoke alarm was in need of a battery and he came to the rescue.  I have ten foot ceilings and he didn't even use a ladder.  I was impressed.  It just happened to be the smoke alarm nearest to my bedroom and I actually was thinking in my head how I wanted to get him in my bed, but we had just met a second before - I had to control my wild urges.  I may be fast, but not that fast.  At the time I didn't even get to ask him his name.  It's Duane.  I know that now.  That's such a good-old-boy, country kind of name.  And that part about southern men being polite ... it's true. 

The second time I saw him, he came to replace the filter for my AC.  They were doing it in all the apartments, so yes, up until then I had restrained myself from calling him.  We exchanged digits the first time I met him.  I wanted direct access - and I wanted to give him direct access too. 

The third time I saw Duane, he was in the hallway on a weekday.  He was making all kinds of noise, so I opened the door to see what the noise was about.  "Well, howdy Miss Ashley," he said.  "Well, hello there Duane," I said with an inviting smirk."  He had the cutest little puppy with him.  He had just gotten him so he was taking him to work while he did some repairs on the empty apartment next door.  "Oh!  He's so cute," I said.  The puppy ran to me, then he ran right between my feet and into my apartment.

Next thing you know, Duane is in my bedroom chasing down the puppy in the corner of the room.  He was so small (the puppy I mean) and I can imagine that having this huge 7-foot guy running after him might have scared him a little.  It excited me, personally.  The puppy ran under the bed and straight for me on the other side.  "I got you," I said as I pulled him close and sat down on my bed to pet him and calm him down.  Duane sat down on the other side and leaned in to pet the pooch. 

Duane and I became close friends that day.  And sometimes I get the urge to call him even when it's not a maintenance issue.  We hung out a few times, but neither of us are into anything serious, so it kind of works. 

When I first caught Duane's eye this morning, I was standing on the second floor landing.  I was so curious about the noise, I forgot that all I was wearing were some tight spandex shorts and a cute little button down tank top.  Yep, that was it - nope I didn't forget to mention the underwear, there wasn't any.  Being practically naked already in front of a guy that is hot and sweet inside and out instantly brought the naughty out in me.  "Ever saw a girl in half with that thing"?  I giggled and I'm pretty sure I blushed. 

Being a proper southern gentleman, he wanted to reply with something equally provocative - I just knew it, but he looked at his co-worker and then at me and just smiled.  Oh man, that smile. 

What he wanted to say was that "... he didn't need a saw to split me wide open."  How do I know?   I think you know how I know.  Duane came by shortly after that - with a pizza and a bottle of wine.  See what I mean?  And he is really witty too, which I love in a man.  He stayed long enough to work up an appetite, then we at some pizza.  Neither one of us was really in the drinking mood, so I told him that I'd save it and make him dinner one night.  ("Hello, delivery service?")  

He leaned down to kiss me goodbye and I suddenly felt very short - I'm only 5'7 (and a half).  He's got at least 15 inches on me height-wise.  As for the other inches, a girl never tells, but I will say that if he was an action figure, they would absolutely deem him proportionately correct.  When he hugged me I buried my face in his chest.  Oh that chest.  It's as big and bold as the rest of him.

Anyway, I'm back on NF now, but the phone seems quiet.  If it doesn't ring soon, I'll be signing off, but I hope you see this in time to join me.  (In case you've never noticed - look up at the right-hand top section of my webpage - you'll see my NF call button - it will always tell you in real time when I'm on or off).  I will be back Sunday morning after 9 - I plan on sleeping a little late again.  It felt so good this morning to wake up without the alarm.  I think I might go crack that wine open after all ... hope you can join me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment