Sunday, July 7, 2013

My Life - Life of Leisure or One Big Glitch

I guess it depends on how you look at it, but someone living my life might view the last year as a year of growth (not my hips), introspection, challenges, joys and a series of foibles, mishaps, interruptions which can all be categorized under one big glitch.

I've finished moving stuff into my apartment, although I'm still in the middle of getting it to "work" for me ... putting things where they belong, trying new methods of organizing and streamlining - I've solved the nosey neighbor problem and she now texts me when she wants to hang out and I have the option of saying "no" without an explanation (which ... hello, I don't explain myself to anyone unless I choose to).

All was settling down nicely compared to the last month of driving 800 miles with my life in tow, interrupted in the middle by a quick flight to visit a sick relative and then retrieving the rest of my life which was in storage in two different places.  I've certainly sweated off a few pounds, which is good, 'cause when you're on the road all the time you can only eat so many salads and healthy food is not easy to find.  By the time I got to unloading my pots at home, I couldn't wait to cook up something for fun that I could enjoy - on the floor or leaning over the counter.  Still have to get a table and chairs.  I also have a filing cabinet and a chair that have no desk, but I'm getting there. 

This week, however, I was entrusted with watching a friend's house and her precious little pup.  After 8 months of climbing stairs to my room with a wonky Achilles tendon, I moved into a ground-floor, one bedroom apartment (yeah!) and now I'm watching a bi-level house complete with gardens front and back that need watering, a pool that needs backwashing (hell if I know what that is and if you didn't show me, cest la vie), a dehumidifier that needs constant emptying and oh yeah, the fish - but they only need to be fed once a day. 

My ankle will be happy when Thursday rolls around and I'm set free from responsibility once again, which just coincides with the day my couch gets delivered. 

So I'm inviting you to come visit me on Thursday and maybe you can come help me break in my new couch - bend me over the side, jump me on top of it - there's so many ways to make this couch all mine and get me all for yourself - (wink)

xxo Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment