Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Dressing Up, Dating and the Goodnight Kiss

Whenever I have something to look forward to, I get excited.  I like to pick out what I'm going to wear, how I'll wear my hair and even what perfume to put on.  But sometimes I commit to things and regret it later and then I dread the impending date or party so much that I'm tempted to cancel. 

You guys always ask me why I'm still single - there's many reasons.  The main one is fear of commitment.  You guys should know what I'm talking about because it's usually guys that have this problem, if in fact it is a problem. 

Anyway, I have a date Saturday.  Don't worry boys, it doesn't look promising in any way and honestly I got goaded into accepting this invitation by my friends who thing they're helping me "fix" my life.  No one gets that my life is exactly as I want it for now. 

So while at this party the other night, my friend's husband introduced me to his co-worker.  He was really nice, but I felt trapped.  I like to meet guys in my own time.  I was there to have fun with my friends and now I have this total stranger watching my every move all day long.  I felt like meat on a stick.  And while I might find that hot when I'm on NF, it's really unsettling in person. 

The problem - my date is Saturday night.  Today is Tuesday.  I met him last Saturday.  He's called me three times already - twice on Sunday and once yesterday.  I feel smothered. 

So I need your help - Do I ...
  1. go on with the date as planned,
  2. cancel if he calls me one more time to "chat," or
  3. if I go on the date, do I dress-down instead of dress-up, so maybe he'll find me uncaring and uninterested? 
  4. if I go on the date, do I kiss him goodnight?  or is that inviting him to ask me out again?

If I cancel this date, my friends may never speak to me again; if I do go I may never speak to myself again.

I think I already answered my own question, but any help you can offer would be appreciated.  Thanks.

~AK

2 comments:

  1. Ashley, go on the date but just be honest. Call him or if he calls you again suggest a really casual date. Go get Pizza or go to your favorite restaurant were you feel comfortable. I'm.sure you look great in whatever you wear, but just be casual. Let him know where you stand. Some guys may not take honesty well but I think you would be supprised at how many appreciate it. You never know, he might be someone you could hang out with every once in a while. He might appreciate you taking some of the pressure off too. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you "rspana" - I appreciate that and I will take your advice and try it ... it's a journey, so thanks for your guidance.
    ~xxo Ashley

    ReplyDelete