Friday, November 22, 2013

Recharging My Battery

Getting Plugged in and Turned On

Now, now - I know your dirty mind and where it's going ... the only words you read in the subtitle were "turned on."  Am I right?  C'mon, you can tell me, you know I never judge.  Men don't really read much when there's the alternative picture or pictures to look at - that became evident the last time I updated my NF pics and a I had a surge of panty boys and cuckold requesters call me - and then of course I have to be nice and tell them that I don't want to waste their money or their time - I suck at being dominant, I'd rather just relax and enjoy sex rather than having to dish out assignments and punishments and read applications and steal identities - Boring! and a lot of hard word, but still ... boring.  Sex doesn't have to be complicated to be fun.

Speaking of Reading

Maybe you wouldn't have guessed if you didn't know me, but I'm a bit of a nerd sometimes.  I'm the girl who reads all the manuals that come with everything you buy.  As a writer, I feel that it's important to support the unsung heroes of writing - the technical writer.  I personally wouldn't want to do it, but I am glad they exist and so should everyone - but again no one reads the manuals, not even women.  I don't really understand it.  If I bought a phone or a camera, I'd want to know all the cool things that it does - otherwise you'd never know what your phone/camera, etc. could do.  Wouldn't it be a waste to spend a few hundred dollars on a camera and then use it like it was a disposable?  Put it on auto and hope for the best? 

About that Recharge

So the battery on my laptop finally gave out.  I couldn't use the laptop without having it plugged into the AC adaptor.  Even though my laptop typically only holds a two-hour charge, which is annoying and something I'll think about next time I have to purchase a laptop, I do enjoy being "un-plugged" on occasion.  The less wires to trip over, the better (I've done that before)  Okay, I admit it, I'm a clumsy nerd girl sometimes - but I've never been clumsy in bed I can tell you that (wink).

Anyway, I had to purchase a replacement battery and while I refused to spend $140 on a battery that is the only "sanctioned" battery for my computer, I did find a few oddball replacement options on Ebay and Amazon.  I'm a bit iffy on Ebay though.  I once bought a Buffy the Vampire Slayer item on there and it took 4 weeks before the guy even answered my email.  He didn't mail it until I promised to send a few friends to go pick it up.  (I didn't really have any friends in Tennessee at the time, but hey, I'm a New York girl - I know how to make an idle threat and make it seem real - don't mess with my money.) 

After some due diligence and hours of research (nerd alert!) I found someone who sold batteries on Amazon who was reasonably priced and had good reviews - you have to read reviews; they're just personal opinions, but you can really glean a lot of information from them, sometimes stuff you didn't even know to ask.  I ordered it.

Well, my battery came today and guess what - it comes with an instruction booklet.  Did I read it?  Heck yeah I read it, and I'm glad I did. 

Crazy Reviews

One crazy person said: "This battery sucks ... blah, blah, blah."  First thing I said to myself was, bet she didn't read the manual.  Well, she probably didn't.  Did you know that a battery has to be calibrated to your computer?  I didn't.  Now I do.

And why, you ask, am I explaining this to you on my NF Blog?  Because part of the calibration process is to change the settings on your computer's battery menu to "Power Save" during the calibration process, which means that you put the battery in, unplug the AC adaptor and let the battery run out completely.  I'm figuring around 6pm or somewhere thereabout and I'll be powerless.  The next step is to plug in the AC adaptor and let the battery charge to 100%.  You have to do this about three or four times to optimize its usage and calibrate it correctly and then you can change the battery settings back to factory settings.  I almost feel like going on Amazon and commenting on the comment and saying, "read the directions you dummy."  But since I've been told I'm sometimes a wise-guy and a know-it-all, I'll skip it.  I was always taught to be a nice girl (and it can be hard sometimes when you have to deal with people who don't want to help themselves - it's a pet peeve of mine).

So What Does it All Mean?

I'm telling you all of this because some of you get annoyed when I avoid emails (usually because I'm multi-tasking, and mostly because it's hard to feel sexy when I have my head on email replies when it could be otherwise nestled in between your legs).  But I get it - it's an interactive life we live, so I try to check it and I always reply to emails and send thank you notes.  (Told you I was raised right.)
Since this is a new battery - I'm not sure what will happen when it runs out and when I plug in - if it will allow me to power up right away or make me wait. 

My old battery wouldn't/couldn't hold a charge and plugging it in didn't seem to help at least for a while so .... if I don't answer your emails, it's either because I'm on the phone, otherwise occupied (writing more short stories for NF) or the battery simply won't let me log on right away.  Consider this a "what-if" notice. 

Now, I'll get back to some stuff - so that will conclude our tech lesson for the day.  I'm here ... waiting on your call.  Call the nerdy but girl LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment