Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Wet Tuesday

I wound up falling asleep watching a movie Sunday afternoon and never made it back to NF - you guys wore me out :) but I'm pleased with the weekend and how it went overall, minus the drama. 

Monday I had a day off - had to get some stuff done and take a step back - you know how I hate drama and well this weekend had it's moments. 

Today is Tuesday - rain on the way and it's barely above freezing outside, so guess who isn't leaving the house today.  I have a couple of articles to get done before Turkey Day, so if I'm not signed on it's just a brief intermission or a phone interview. 

Sometimes I think I might miss working in an office full-time, but then I think naaahhhh.  LOL  Still, looking for  freelance work all the time and never knowing what tomorrow holds is a bit scary sometimes, but all in all, I like my freedom - and since I've always been a hustler when it comes to taking care of myself, I generally feel that the Universe is always looking out for me and taking care of my needs.  Although ... occasionally I do miss wearing tight skirts and high heels and flirting in elevators with strangers or in conference rooms with clients.  I used to get such a charge out of the daily flirts ... but when I feel the need to flirt, there's always NF - and when I feel the need to do it live ... I can always go out (or call maintenance). 

BTW - do you like the outfit I wore last time I had a maintenance call?  Just kidding, I think I'd give the older guys a heart attack.  But I might wear it for the new guy!

We have a new maintenance guy at my apartment complex and holy crap!  With all the single women around here, I have a feeling that there will be a rise in "house calls" around here.  He's all anyone's talking about.  I had to console the older maintenance guy the other day and tell him that we still think he's cute, he's just got a new guy on the block, but I promised him it would wear off soon enough.  Was I lying?  Well, no, because I don't know if the novelty will wear off eventually, but I can't stand to see a guy dejected.  Plus the older guy is cute in his own way, and I prefer older guys.  The newbie maybe a hotty, but he's also pretty boring - at least the older guy is appreciative of a cup of coffee or a little flirting and he shows it by going the extra mile every time he comes by. 

Maybe when my furnace went out the other night I should have called him to keep me warm LOL.

Well, back to work for me - so if I don't check emails right away, I'll be back - writing an article today about self-empowerment, one of my favorite subjects.  It's uplifting ... and speaking of "up" and "lifting" don't forget to call me and give me a brain break when you're feeling "up" and I'll be happy to do all the "lifting" as in lifting myself off the bed and straddling  you - (what a shameless hussy) (I heard that in a movie and thought it was funny).

Well Ciao for now.

xxo Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment